Friday, December 23, 2011

Sail Sydney Regatta 2011

Last week we had the all classes Sail Sydney Regatta down on Botany Bay. This regatta I had the first chance to test out my new rig (Fibrefoam) and sail (Brewin). The great thing about the weekend were the conditions as we had 8-10kts over the weekend which gave me perfect conditions to test over a range of wind speeds.

Me rigging for the first race.
The out come was the new set up was very fast in the 8-12kt range and with a little work will also be fast in the stronger conditions.

The weekend saw 11 boats racing with another Harken sponsored sailor Jack Benson from the NT coming down to race along with Harken supporter Steve Brewin.
Steve is the current World Champion and Jack is number 2 in the World, so the the sailing level was very high.

On the left higher and faster
With my old rig I use to sail around just behind these guys but just not with them. Bring in the new rig and I now race on top of them and can be in front of them now. So I'm one very happy camper.

The end results saw Stevie take the win with Jack 2nd, Andrew Williams 3rd and myself 4th.

Steve Brewin top mark rounding

Jack Benson top mark rounding

No comments:

Post a Comment